The establishment of "Department of Quality Asurance" is one of the many initiatives taken by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) to improve the quality and standard of higher education in Pakistan. The DQAs are established in the Private and Public Sector Universities and Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) of Pakistan and they are working under the guidance of HEC. The DQA at Foundation University Islamabad is working directly under the supervision of Rector FUI and Head of DQA reports the Rector on DQA activities.
- To ensure academic affiliations with Regulatory Bodies and Institutions to strengthen the quality of education.
- To improve and maintain Academic Standards.
- To spread awareness about Quality of Higher Education among Faculty, Students and QA Staff.
- To ensure Participation of University in National/International Rankings.
- To ensure effective feedback system for students and faculty.
- To promote collaboration with National and International Institutions.