Currently Active Funding Programs
National Research Program for Universities (NRPU)
Innovative & Collaborative Research Grant (ICRG)
Innovative & Collaborative Research Grant (ICRG) supports research partnerships between Pakistani and UK universities, research bodies and existing centers of excellence that focus on any of the emerging disciplines/priority areas. Key objective of ICRG is "to support collaborative research between Pakistan and UK for cutting-edge research and innovation in emerging disciplines of knowledge."
- Expected Number of Grants: 6
- Maximum Project Duration: 3 years
- Individual Grant Value: Up to Rs. 50 million
- Medical and allied health sciences
- Energy (generation, distribution and conservation)
- Climate Change
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data – Cloud Computing
- Social Sciences
- Salaries for PI and co-PIs based on the amount of time spent on the project
- Stipends for Bachelors, Master's, doctoral students and postdoctoral scholars to help take the prototype or proposed product to market
- Travel to national and international meetings to present research results obtained and to support the proposed research
- Equipment purchase and maintenance as appropriate & approved to conduct the proposed research
- Purchase of research supplies necessary to conduct the proposed research
- Processing fee for open access journals/ publications for disseminating research results obtained
- Doctoral fellowship for six months
- Prototype/ Product Development Cost (If applicable)
USAID Ambassador’s Fund Grant Program (AFGP)
- Empowering Vulnerable Populations
- Supporting Governance Institutions in KP-NMD
- Engendering Free Information and Free Press Organizations
- Expanding Social Tolerance to Reduce Conflict
- Provide Technical Assistance
Note: Above mentioned priorities may change during the implementation of the AFGP, contingent upon the priorities set forth by each new U.S. Ambassador.
- Consortium Research Grants to finance research to resolve mega national issues through consortium of scientists from multiple professions and organizations with specific target of socio-economic gains.
- Triple Helix Model (Research in collaboration with industry) to resolve industrial issues to substitute imports and enhance value addition of indigenous goods especially exportable commodities.
- Funding limit for these categories is Rs. 20.0 Million.
- Maximum project duration should not exceed 3 years.
- Project costing should be based on actual market rates.
- Project should be prepared on prescribed proforma of Competitive Research Program.
- Grants of award will be determined by subject experts, technical committees, Project Award Committees and Steering Committees. The decision of PSF will be final.
- Proposals under Triple Helix Model must be supported by the Business Plan.
- Proposals under Consortium Research Grants must be supported by the Consortium Research Plan.
- The priority areas are available at PSF website.
Forms, priority areas and guidelines can be downloaded from PSF website http://www.psf.gov.pk/CRP
Project proposals duly endorsed by organizational heads should reach PSF no later than August 30, 2019.
For any query,kindly contact FUI Focal Person for Ignite/NGIRI at below details.
Mr. Asif Javed
Manager Research Operations & Development (ORIC)
Ph: +92-51-5788450 Ext: 155