The Office of the Registrar is committed primarily to the serve of faculty and students of the university by assisting in the interpretation and application of regulations, rules and guidelines. We primarily act as a facilitator and coordinator for students, faculty and staff as they pursue the academic and administrative goals of the university. The Office of the Registrar provides a conducive environment by maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and accuracy of academic and personal records of faculty at Foundation University Islamabad.
The Office of Registrar promotes simplicity and openness by encouraging continuous improvement and achieved objectives amicably. This office also fosters a spirit of team work and valuing open communication by constructive contributions.
Our vision is to create and develop sound relationship with all schools/colleges by strengthening and continuously improving the Academic Excellence of the university. This is achieved by providing quality services to students, faculty as well as academic & administrative departments.
The Office of Registrar is committed to support university mission through implementation of academic and faculty policies, procedures in an effective and judicious manner. This office provides ethical and high standard services to the university community including Students, Staff and Alumni.
Prof. Dr. Amir Gulzar, an esteemed academician, currently serves as the Registrar of Foundation University Islamabad. His academic journey at FUI began in 2003 when he joined the Department of Management Sciences. He held the position of Head of Department (HoD) for six years, during which he took the initiative to launch the department's first international conference and research journal.
Prof. Gulzar has made significant contributions to the university as a member of various university-level committees and as Chairman of the Migration Committee. He has also shown his commitment to the personal growth of students by leading groups on Summer Camp twice to the UK and actively engaging in various societies and clubs.
Prof. Gulzar's academic credentials speak for themselves; he earned his PhD in Management and M.Phil in Entrepreneurship (Gold Medal) from Foundation University Islamabad in 2012 and 2008. He also holds an MBA degree from Islamia University, earned in 2000. Over the course of his 22-year professional and academic career, he has served as a University Teacher, HoD, Trainer at universities, and professional organizations including the Pakistan Institute of Parliamentary Services, Manager Administration, and Head of Student Affairs.
Prof. Gulzar has published more than 40 research papers in renowned national and international research journals, with several more currently under review. As HEC Approved Supervisor, he guides MS and PhD students in their research, imparting his knowledge and expertise to the next generation of scholars.
- Lead the Initiatives as determined by the Rector FUI.
- Provide Secretariat support to the University and its Campuses.
- Ensure the Implementation of the academic rules and regulations of the University.
- Ensure the Academic Governance of the University through timely conduct of meetings of Statutory Bodies, namely, Board of Governors (BOG), Executive Committee (EC), Academic Council (AC), Boards of Faculties (BOF), Board of Studies (BOS), Board of Advanced Studies and Research (BASAR), Selection Boards and Finance and Planning Committee (FPC).
- Ensure the smooth Implementation of the Decisions Taken and Maintain proper a record of all Proceedings.
- Create liasion and Correspond with the Regulatory and Accreditation bodies
- Deal all the Legal Matters of the University with Assistance of Fauji Foundation Head Office.
- Collaborate with the Heads of all the Academic and Non-Academic Departments of the University and Facilitate the Services Extended to the Students, Faculty and other Staff.
- Plan, Guide and Lead the Ceremonial Functions like Convocations, etc.
Mr. Waqas Chughtai
Deputy Registrar- (Faculty)
111 384 111 Ext 116
Maj Syed Mohsin Shaheen
Deputy Registrar- (Academics)
111 384 111 Ext 113
Depty Registrar - (Medical)
111-384-111 Ext. 152
Mr. Ali Muhammad
Office Superintendent- (Academics)
111-384-111 Ext. 111
Mr. Madad Khan
Office Superintendent- (Medical)
111-384-111 Ext. 112
Mr. Aqib Raza Javed