Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, PDF or RTF document file format.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
No Publication Fee
Foundation University started this Journal to provide a free-of-cost platform for reputed authors for sharing their quality work with the readers and researchers in the field of Psychology. There are no article processing charges or any kind of publication fee till to-date.
Sources of funding
1. ORIC Foundation University Islamabd
2 Higher Education Commission Pakistan (for the year 2020-2021)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS (MANUSCRIPT PROCESSING FOR PUBLICATION)
Note. If authors are interested in publication of their valuable manuscript, kindly submit the complete article on the OJS system of Foundation University Journal of Psychology (https://fui.edu.pk/fjs/index.php/fujp/). Further, instructions for the authors are as under:
All the authors are requested to submit as per instructions. Otherwise, the submitted manuscripts will be returned to authors for submitting complete manuscript for further processing. FUJP editorial team and reviewers assess submitted manuscripts for significance, journal scope, originality, composition and adequacy of documentation. Do NOT make a new submission for a manuscript which has been submitted previously. All revised articles and corrections should be submitted using the original Login ID generated upon first submission.
Authors are requested to submit similarity check report using the Turnitin and the limit of similarity report is 19 % for processing review of the submitted manuscripts. FUJP editors ensure double blind peer review of the manuscripts before acceptance or rejection. Further, editorial team will assess the technical, grammatical, statistical, ethical and methodological issue of the submitted manuscripts. Editing of the accepted manuscripts is assessed by the editing team for ensuring clarity and scientific accuracy.
The editorial board of the Foundation University Journal of Pakistan (FUJP) holds the right of rejecting or accepting any submitted manuscript for publication in the FUJP at all stages.
All the authors are requested to submit the following documents along with the initial submission. Incomplete submissions are not processed.
- Cover Letter (sample)
- Ethical Approval Letter (From institutional review board on letterhead in PDF format)
- Submissions Form (sample)
- Plagiarism Report (Turnitin Similarity Report in PDF Format)
- Results Outcome in PDF format and a statement about data availability.
- Manuscript File in MS Word Format
The authors should prepare manuscript by following reporting standards mentioned in the American Psychological Association Publication Manual (7th ed.). The authors should follow following summary headings in their manuscripts for submission (MS Word Format).
- Abstract (Structured abstract with 200 words maximum with following headings: Back ground, Objectives, Method, Sample, Instruments, Procedure, Results, Implications)
- Conclusion and Implications
- Authors’ Contribution
- Conflict of Interest
- Funding Disclosure
- References (Follow APA 7th Manual inserted through Mendeley, End note, or Zotero)
- Registration number in case of clinical trials
- Do not add author details in the main article .DOC file.
Ensure that you have the following supporting documents prepared before you attempt to submit the manuscript.
Obligatory Document 1: Cover Letter
A cover letter is an obligatory supporting document, without which the Fjsmanager will not upload and accept the manuscript.
A cover letter should be kept succinct and include the following information:
- An introduction stating the title of the manuscript
- The reason why your study is important and relevant to the FUJP readership
- A statement that the manuscript has not been published previously and is not under consideration for publication in any other journal. Do declare if it had been submitted elsewhere previously but rejected, withdrawn or anything else, with due explanation.
- A statement that all authors approved the manuscript and its submission to the journal.
- An explanation of any issues relating to FUJP policies
- A declaration of any potential conflict of interests, including disclosures of previously presented abstracts
- A declaration of any funding sources
Acceptable formats for cover letter include: docx or pdf.
Obligatory Document 2: Ethical Approval of Research
Ethical approval of research in the form of letters from the institutional ethical review committee (ERC), or any other relevant form of ethical approval is mandatory for all manuscripts submitted to FUJP. The only exceptions to this rule include letters to the editor based on some new information. For letters, review articles etc, upload an MS Word document stating the reason for exception to the rule. Note that this method of bypassing the system would not be accepted in cases where ethical approval is mandatory. The manuscript will be reviewed by the technical team and will be returned to the authors.
The Higher Education Commission of Pakistan has prepared Publication Ethics guidelines for all its approved Journals. FUJP journal follows these guidelines.
Acceptable formats for ethical approval of research include: docx or pdf.
Obligatory Document 3: Submission Form
Download the submission statement form from here .
This form can be typed on and saved before taking a print-out. It is preferable to fill out the form in type. Alternatively, the form may be printed and handwritten. The form has to be signed by ALL authors. Electronic signatures are not acceptable. After printing and signing the form (by hand), it can be scanned and sent to email@example.com.
Ensure that the form has been filled correctly and completely. Incomplete forms will result in return of the manuscript and will cause delays in processing.
Ensure that you have the following information in hand while filling out the form:
- Details of the contributions made by each author
- List of disclaimers if required
- List of possible conflict of interests for disclosure
- List of possible sources of funding for disclosure
- Details regarding all authors including:
- Full names of all authors
- Email addresses of all authors
- Phone numbers of all authors
- Full current affiliation of all authors