ON Campus Covid SOP for Students
Safe Return to FUI Campus
A very warm welcome to our FUI students who are returning back to our campuses. We aim to continue with our usual high standards of teaching, while maintaining a healthy and safe environment for the entire University community. As we gradually resume on-campus activities, each of us must play our part to keep our community safe.
Before Arriving on Campus
Follow all safety protocols listed below including:
- Entry to either of the campuses without a face mask will be denied.
- Avoid entering in groups. Students entering on foot should maintain a distance of 3-6 feet with one another.
- Frequent handwashing and use of hand sanitizers are recommended. Students are encouraged to make use of sanitizers placed around the campuses and sanitize their hands frequently.
- Wear a face mask in indoor and outdoor settings.
- Maintain social/physical distancing of 2 metres in classrooms, laboratories, libraries, cafeterias, offices, corridors, staircases, and lifts.
- Use only the designated entrances and exits which are clearly marked.
- Maintain good hygiene practices. Use a hand sanitizer or wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water. Dry hands before leaving the bathroom and use a tissue or the crook of your elbow when coughing or sneezing.
- Keep your face covered at crowded places.
- Do not share food and drinks.
- Advanced booking/appointments must be made by the students to avoid rush outside faculty and administrative offices.
For Classrooms, Cafeteria, Prayer Area, Student Centre, and Library:
- Removal of mask is permitted only for the duration of meals, but it must be put back on soon after the meal is over.
- If the cafeteria is at full capacity, students must not try and enter. They must wait patiently for their turn to enter or use another cafeteria.
- Students must avoid unnecessary touching of surfaces as much as possible. Immediately after adjusting their chairs or tables before eating their meals, students are requested to sanitize their hands.
- Do not crowd inside the Prayer Area.
- There will be multiple congregations (jamaat) during each prayer time.
- Maintain social distancing protocol when offering prayers.
- The prayer area will be disinfected regularly. However, ideally, the students should carry their own prayer mat.
- All students must respect seating arrangements at every location across both campuses.
- All chairs and seating arrangements within the Classrooms, Cafeterias, Library and Student Centre will be placed at 3 feet between occupants.
- Where seats are fixed, clear markings/placement will indicate the unavailability of seating to maintain physical distance.
- Students must always wear face masks during lectures.
- In case you have flu and/or exhibit Covid-19 symptoms, avoid coming to the campus and remain under observation at your residence. If condition persists or escalates, then visit a doctor.
- If you feel unwell or develop flu-like symptoms during your stay at the campus, immediately report to the Clinic for a checkup.
- Upon medical investigation, if the doctor suspects Covid-19 symptoms, you will be transferred to the isolation room designated for such a scenario. With the mutual consent of your parents/guardians, proper arrangements will be made to shift you to a hospital for requisite tests.
It is essential that all students take these guidelines seriously. A stricter adherence to the SOPs is now needed more than ever before to contain the spread of this virus.