The objectives of ORIC are to:
- Promote research culture in all departments of FUI.
- Represent the FUI's interests in research and development.
- Manage databases for research and development, which is essential to undertake important analyses.
- Compile/ analyze databases for the purpose of ORIC as well as university ranking.
- Disseminate information to the FUI campuses on research and development, and related funding opportunities.
- Identify research opportunities for faculty members and students.
- Facilitate faculty to apply for both internal and external research grants.
- Provide legal, administrative and financial management support for research grants.
- Process applications of faculty and students for travel grants from HEC and FUI.
- Support commercialization, licensing etc. of the university research products.
- Encourage publishing of the campus/faculty/departmental research journals.
- Develop liaison with the funding agencies.
- Identify new ways and opportunities of collaborations.
- Encourage University-Industry linkages.
- Arrange and organize Training and Development programs.
- To provide assistance and guidance to the faculty members and PhD scholars in their research projects, ORIC is responsible to interact with the Higher Education Commission, Islamabad and other funding agencies.