Maj Gen Changez Dil Khan, HI(M) (Retd)
Rector, Foundation University Islamabad
Powers and Functions: The Rector shall be responsible for implementation of the decisions and execution of programmes in accordance with the University Ordinance 2002. His sphere of responsibilities include:-
- Act as chief academic and administrative officer of the University.
- In an emergency, take such actions, in consultation with the President, where possible, and then report to BOG for approval.
- The Rector shall be an ex-officio member of the BOG and the EC. He will be responsible to provide any information, record and will attend to queries raised in the BOG / EC meetings.
- He shall preside over the Convocation of the University in the absence of the Patron, Chancellor and the President of the University.
- He shall accompany the Patron, Chancellor, President and the Guest of Honour in the procession during Convocations.
- He shall read out a brief report regarding the achievements of the University during the last academic year and its future plans.
- To create and fill adhoc posts for a period not exceeding six months.
- To sanction all expenditure provided for in the approved budget and to re-appropriate funds within the same major head of expenditure, as per the rules formulated by EC and BOG from time to time.
- To recommend all the expenditures (over Rupees 500,000) to the University Finance Committee headed by the President, FUI.
- He shall approve all types of leave and temporary duty with respect to Campus Directors.
- He will preside over the University Selection Boards, DC, AC and BASAR meetings.
- Coordinate all FUI matters with various divisions of FFHO and FFH Rawalpindi.
- Process all correspondence from the University to the President.
- Process appointment, resignation, terminations for President’s approval for Professors, Associate Professors and Administrative Staff of Scale-7.
- Coordinate with the Campus Directors to ensure no violation of any rules / regulations of the University occurs.
- Coordinate with the President major administrative activities related to construction and procurement of land etc as desired by President.
- Process new projects, programs, opening of new departments for President’s approval and ultimately approved by BOG.
- Ensure that all clauses of the FUI Charter are respected.