150 students will be admitted per year. Admission in FUMC is open to all students irrespective of sex, religion, colour, creed, class and domicile who are academically qualified for admission to the courses of study offered by the college.
The admission is offered strictly on the basis of merit determined by the university as per the admission criteria set by the PM&DC.
Prescribed admission forms are available from the office of the Manager Students Affairs and various locations notified in the advertisement w.e.f 31th October 2016. Online application form may also be downloaded from the university website www.fui.edu.pk. Applications are received after the appearance of advertisement in the national press.
Application Requirements for Medical Students
Following requirements of the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PM&DC) & Foundation University Islamabad (FUI) must be met by all the applicants seeking admission in the MBBS program.
Prerequisites for Pakistani Students
- FSc (Pre-Medical Group) securing at least 60% (unadjusted) marks.
- Examination equivalent to FSc from a foreign university examination body/foreign education system with three science subjects out of which Chemistry and Biology are essential subjects with 60% marks in aggregate as certified by the IBCC.
- Provincial entry test is mandatory for admission in MBBS / BDS.
- Institutional aptitude test will be held in the college.
Prerequisites for Overseas Candidates
- 23 x candidates to be admitted in Expatriate / Foreigner Category. Following category of students shall be eligible for admission on Foreign / Expatriate seats:-
- Pakistani National who has passed an examination equivalent to FSc from a foreign university / examination body / education system with three science subjects out of which Biology and Chemistry are essential subjects with 60% marks in aggregate as certified by IBCC, Islamabad.
- Foreigners and Pakistanis having dual nationality / resident status of a foreign country.
- Pakistani student who studied abroad for and have passed premedical FSc / HSSC / Intermediate with 60% or more marks.
- SAT-II Examination score with minimum 550 marks in each of three subjects or MCAT of minimum aggregate score of 24.
- An alternate to SAT-II / MCAT is the provincial entry test.
- TOEFL or ILETS with score of 500 or 5.5 only if the medium of instructions of study two years prior to admission / entry test is not English.
Last Date for Submission of SAT II and TOEFL / IELTS Scores
The last date to receive SAT II and TOEFL / IELTS scores in the Admission Office is November 15th 2014. Candidates must submit attested copies of the same to meet deadlines followed up with originals.
Applications will be considered for further evaluation only if Equivalence Certificates, SAT II / MCAT and TOEFL / IELTS scores are received in the Admission Office within published deadlines.
Validity of Test Scores
The SAT II and TOEFL / IELTS scores are valid for a period of two years from the date the test is written. For admission to the 2016 academic year, SAT II/MCAT and TOEFL / IELTS written from November 15th 2014 and thereafter will be acceptable.
Documents to be Submitted
A candidate, who is eligible for admission, must submit attested copies of the following documents (as indicated against each) along with the application form and the Deposit Slip covering the application fee within the published deadlines.
- SSC or equivalent foreign qualification certificate (one copy).
- HSSC or an equivalent foreign qualification certificate (one copy).
- National Identity Card/Form B of the candidate (one copy).
- National Identity Card of Father/Guardian (one copy).
- Bank draft of Rs.2100/- as processing fee (medical students in case of downloaded form).
- Attested photocopy of Domicile.
- Three recent passport size coloured photographs of the applicant.
- The expatriate candidates will provide the following documents.
- Proof of dual nationality i.e. NIC from Pakistan (Photocopy) and Proof of foreign nationality.
- Passport with Visa (Photocopy)
- SAT II examination score with minimum 550 marks in each subject (if required) or MCAT with minimum aggregate score of 24%.
- Valid TOEFL or IELTS with a score of 500 or 5.5 respectively (If required)
- NOC of respective country is mandatory for students getting admission.
- Serving Certificate of the Parents, duly signed by the commanding officer of the father/mother, serving in the Pakistan Armed Forces.
- In case the parents are retired from the Defence Services, a copy of the pension book attested by a serving/retired Commissioned Officer.
- Letter from, AG’s Branch, GHQ, Rawalpindi for Shuhada's.
To provide service certificate duly signed / certified by the relevant FF authority.
It is the responsibility of all those candidates having foreign qualifications i.e. other than Matric/FSc (Pre-Medical) from Pakistan, to obtain recognition of their qualifications and equivalence certificates from the Inter-Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC), Islamabad.
Address: Inter-Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC)
At Federal Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education
Sector H - 8/4, Islamabad
The equivalence certificate (Photocopy) must be attached with the application form.
These documents should be posted through a reliable service or delivered in person at the Student’s Hub during the following timings on or before the last date of receipt of the application as advertised.
Monday to Thursday 08:30 am to 03:00 pm
Friday 08:30 am to 12:00 noon
- Federal/Provincial Governments will hold Central Entry Test for admission in MBBS in their respective provinces to determine the merit.
- No admission will be given without entry test and an alternative to the entry test for Expatriate/Foreign students is provision of SAT–II examination result with minimum 550 marks in each of the three science subjects out of which two have to be Biology and Chemistry.
- The entry test of all the Provinces and Federal Public University, Islamabad will be acceptable for admission in FUMC.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide result of Entry Test from the Provincial Government / Federal Public University within two days after declaration of their results.
- All admission in FUMC will be completed by 30th November and list of the admitted students will be sent to PM&DC.
- The applications for admission are reviewed by the Admission Committee.
- It is mandatory for all the applicants, to appear in the Entry Test.
- The candidate can apply only as Pakistani Resident or Expatriate/Foreigner. The applications to change the status from Pakistani to expatriate will only be considered if there are seats left in the Expatriate/ Foreign Category.
- The relative weightage of all the components of the Admission process i.e. the academic achievements in SSC, HSSC or its equivalent examination, and the Entry Test marks are added to determine the final merit.
|Matric / Equivalent||10%|
|Intermediate / Equivalent||40%|
- An aptitude test / interview of short listed candidates will be held by a panel of three members of FUMC selection team.
- Verified Hafiz-i-Quran shall get credit according to the Government admission policy.
- The decision of the Admission Committee is irrevocable and final. The authorities are not bound to explain the reasons for their decisions to the applicants, their parents or guardians.
Will compete among their own category.
- The students admitted in college will be registered with FUI.
- The MBBS students will also be registered with the PM&DC, within three months of admission through the Principal’s office, failing which they would not be allowed to continue further studies. It is binding on the students and the College to ensure compliance.
- A student shall be registered as a medical student only if he/she fulfils the admission criteria and falls within the seats allowed to the college.
- Every medical student registered with the PM&DC shall be furnished a student registration number, a certificate and a picture identity card which shall be prominently displayed by the student throughout his/her study.
- FUI shall issue only provisional enrolment to the medical students and once the student is registered with the PM&DC, he/she shall be issued a permanent enrolment.
- Foreign students seeking admission in the University can submit their applications along with application fee through their respective Embassies/High Commissions. For detailed instructions please visit website www.fui.edu.pk or Higher Education Commission website www.hec.gov.pk.
- The admission forms and salient features of the prospectus are also hosted on the website www.fui.edu.pk. The candidates may download the application form from 31th October 2016 and mail it along with a bank draft of Rs. 2100/- for inland and US $55.00 for expatriate / foreign candidates.